Saturday, 19 January 2019

Introduction

Heyy! 😊


I guess I’ll start with a little bit of info about myself. 

My name is Aimee and I’m currently in my first year reading in BSc Psychology with Education Studies at the University of Warwick.


I’m the eldest of 3 sisters and I have 2 guinea pigs back at home. Despite the fact I’m taking a Bachelor of Science course, I’m generally a very creative person. My hobbies all revolve around creative arts. I play the flute and sing (although neither very well, but you can only try!), and also love musicals and script writing. I also really enjoy volunteering with children and the elderly and it’s something I’m trying to build on. 

Fun Fact: my favourite animal is a goat!



So, why have I decided to start a blog?
  1. Partially for personal reasons. I’ve always been a keen creative writer, but after GCSE’s and all the frenzy of starting A- Levels I kind of stopped writing. It also seems like a great way of gathering and sharing my thoughts.


  2. The title. University is one of those big steps that everyone talks about. I thought that it would be a great way of documenting my time.

  3. University is always said to be the ‘best time of your life’, but that’s not always the case. Now, don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my university department (I will write a blog post about the Psychology Department and why I decided to study my course later on), but social and personal struggles are a real thing. Not many people speak up or talk about them. I suppose it’s the whole stigma around university supposedly being the ‘best time of your life’. I just want to show that that’s not the reality of everyone. Everyone has different experiences. It’s just nice to share the negatives to so that others know that they're not alone as it's something that I would have benefited from. It also makes it just a tad easier to deal with.

And that’s that!

I hope you enjoy reading some of my posts. The plan is to write about my experience as a Psychology and Education Studies student and general uni life.  I promise they won’t be as messy as this one is!😅

Of course, if you have any suggestions, please do let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment