This is a new segment of my blog!
Rather than using my academic planner as just for academic purposes and scheduling any other work-ish related activities, I have decided to also use it as a resource to keep track of myself because I seriously need to get better at doing that. It's kind of like an academic planner mixed in with a bullet journal but an extremely simplified version. As much as I would like to take some time out to draw pretty pictures and all that fun stuff, knowing me I would spend half the day doing so, and a student doesn't have time to do that every day.
I'm planning to do a post about how I organise my academic planner pages sometime in the next few months or so.
Part of this is to aim to write down a quote a day. These usually relate to how I've been feeling that day or any random thoughts that my brain happened to be thinking about. They can range from the comedic ones to motivational life lessons, and those ones which are quite though-provoking. On here, I will be sharing with you 5 of my favourites at the end of each month.
As you can probably tell from the quotes I have picked out this month, it was a bit of a rough one, but it will get better! 🤞
Anyways, here are my September 2019 Quotes of the Month!
I had a conversation with my friend about why a lot of us feel the need to keep on supporting others and offering them assistance when we get nothing in return. Even when they don't give us the respect we give them. When we know that others use us when it's convenient for them, only for them to shut us away in a box afterwards, then get us out when they want to. It's because of our value in kindness and being able to use what we know to help others in need. People may not value your actions, but to be able to hold onto the value that you have on kindness, support and respect says a whole lot more. There probably should be a line drawn somewhere, but we all eventually work that out, and when we do, it's to retain our self-value. People may not give in return or necessarily get along with you, but you still need to respect yourself and not let others take advantage of your worth.

There's something about seeing carefree children running around and doing their thing that makes me feel emotional. In a happy way. I think that once we get pushed into the idea of adulthood, there's this constant focus on doing well in education, our career, ensuring that we can financially support ourselves, and all those other adult duties. Whilst it can't be denied that those points are important, so is releasing your inner child every now and then. Sometimes it's drilled into us that we need a set plan and we need to stop being 'childish'. However, like children do, it's so important to keep an open mind. It's great to have direction, but it's also beneficial to give ourselves the opportunity to be curious and explore. We all need to relax from the stresses of adult life to, so watch a Disney movie every Friday night if you wish to! Laugh and have silly conversations with your friends! Doing whatever makes you happy is not childish.
The feeling of being completely lost with yourself and out of touch with the environment around you is a feeling that can't be described. It's one of those ones which you have to have had experienced in order to understand. Although growth and change are what we need to get ourselves out of that position, it's very difficult. It takes effort to try and grow when you feel surrounded by uncertainty or a loss of identity. It's even more intimidating to attempt to induce changes. Despite that, those are the two things you need to get out of feeling completely at sea. Changing the sails can set you in a new direction. There may be setbacks, but at least those setbacks will allow you to grow away from other places where you don't feel quite right. It may not get you exactly to where you want to be straightaway, but it's better to discover that than to stay stuck somewhere which definitely won't do you any good.
This is a motto I'm currently trying to follow by. My self-confidence has probably been at the lowest it has been in a very long while. I'm learning to build myself backup and celebrate those little success, whether that be managing to put in an application for a certain role, making that dreaded phone call, and so on. One of the biggest hindrances is fear. Building the will power to combat that is mentally draining. However, I'm learning to fight against that so that I am at least giving myself the chance to be successful. If it's unsuccessful, that's fine. At least I have made an attempt and there's no loss. Not giving myself the chance to take up an opportunity on the other hand means that I could lose out on an experience, which could be vital for personal and academic growth and exploration. By no means is it easy, but we're working on it and I'm trying.
You know when you get to point where you feel like you have hit rock bottom and that couldn't feel any worse, but you get through it and then something else happens and that makes you feel worse than how you did previously? Maybe it happens again and again and again. Whether you feel like you have barely scrapped through, if you needed some help getting past it; if you're still going through some tough emotions, you are going to get through it like you have with everything else. You're still standing. It's at times like these were we realise how strong we really are as individuals. Life can tear us apart so much but even from those moments we learn. We learn so much about ourselves and those around us. We become more understanding. We open up to all these different perspectives that we couldn't see before. Those moments may not leave you. They will cause pain. Although it won't seem possible at the time, over time we can find as much strength in those moments just as pain.
🌈 A special bonus one this month 🌈
At the end of July in my PAT post, I introduced you all to my 2 beloved piggies.
Those of you who are close to me will know that I lost both of them within less than a week of each other at the end of August. I miss them so so much. I know that anyone who has ever had a pet will know how much joy they bring into our lives. To some people, they are just living furry balls, or maybe scaly long/ round creatures. To us, they are these wonderful living beings who have personalities, who are our best friends; who provide us with so much more love and loyalty than we could ever imagine. Losing them leaves a massive void in our hearts, which I don't know if we ever come near to fully recovering from. That being said, the time I spent with them was so precious. I miss the goodnight cuddles and kisses. I miss the good morning squeaks. I'm going to miss talking to them as I'm doing revision for exams! I know that they were happy. They gave me as much love as I gave them. That's what matters the most. So, Bubbles and Squeak, I hope you are back together now and still happily running around. I hope you're eating all the grass, veggies and fruit you want over Rainbow Bridge and that you're making some new piggy friends as well 💕.





This is a really beautiful and well-written post x
ReplyDeleteThese are great. I like the don’t fail to try quote! It’s so true!
ReplyDeleteBournemouthgirl.com